Emergency Housing Voucher Program Update

By OHFA Communications

The Emergency Housing Voucher (EHV) program requires a referral from a participating Continuum of Care/Partner Agency.  Oklahoma Housing Finance Agency cannot accept direct applications.

OHFA currently has a waiting list for the EHV Program.  Please refer to the Emergency Housing Voucher page on the OHFA website to locate an approved Participating Entity closest to you. They will work to determine if you are eligible for the EHV Program and are in their service area.

Some Participating Entities no longer process referrals since there is a waiting list, but may offer other housing opportunities in their service areas.  Please contact them directly or check their websites to determine what might be available.

If you are in need of rental assistance, the following options are available:

  • Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program - Apply by visiting ohfa.org. OHFA offers two preferences, one is for a person with a disability and the other for individuals who are homeless.
  • Performance Based Contract Administration (PBCA) Program - Please see a list of PBCA Properties. Apply directly to the property in which you are interested.
  • OHFA Funded Developments - OHFA finances the construction of apartments and rental houses across the state. Search the Funded Developments database and contact selected properties to check availability.
  • The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) - The HUD website offers various options and contact information for local Public Housing Authorities (PHAs).
  • The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) - The USDA website lists multifamily housing rentals available through their programs.


Skip to content