Current OHFA voucher participants may use their voucher anywhere in the United States that accepts the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program.

To transfer your Voucher, you must submit a request, in writing, to Oklahoma Housing Finance Agency. The request must specify the following:

  • The area in which you want to move
  • The name of the Housing Authority, their address, phone number, fax number, and a contact person’s name

For additional information please refer to OHFA's Housing Choice Voucher Handbook


Contact the Public Housing Agency (PHA) where you currently receive your voucher. They will determine if you are eligible to move. They must provide the necessary paperwork to OHFA to transfer your assistance. Please provide the PHA with our contact information:

ATTN:  Portability Specialist
Oklahoma Housing Finance Agency (OHFA)
PO Box 26720
Oklahoma City, OK 73126
Phone:  405-419-8170
Fax:  405-419-9170
Toll Free (800) 256-1489 ext. 170

A background screening will be conducted using OHFA policies, which may be different than your current PHA. Depending on the results, OHFA could deny your request to move.

If you are eligible, OHFA will issue a voucher so you can search for a unit in our jurisdiction based on OHFA’s policies and subsidy standards.  The voucher will have an expiration date, which is the timeframe you have to locate housing in our jurisdiction.

OHFA requires all identity documents to be provided prior to scheduling an inspection appointment. Please ensure you have the following:

  • Valid photo IDs
  • Birth certificates
  • Custody orders
  • Social Security cards

OHFA conducts an income enrollment by mail to update your family income and information prior to scheduling your unit for inspection.

Skip to content