Disaster Housing Grants Update

By OHFA Communications

Catholic Charities is now working with the Red Cross to provide outreach to families that may not have received disaster assistance.

Disaster assistance applicants will apply through Catholic Charities by calling one of the following two phone numbers:

Tulsa office – 918-935-2650
OKC office – 405-523-3013

Applications may be accepted through August 8. 

About the Assistance  

Families whose homes were damaged and are now uninhabitable during the recent severe weather events that began April 30 may apply for an up to $1,500 grant through Oklahoma Housing Finance Agency’s Richard S. Lillard Emergency Housing Assistance Fund. OHFA has allocated a maximum of $500,000 to be used for natural disasters this fiscal year, which ends Sept. 30.

This announcement includes the scheduled locations and documentation necessary for the grants.

Eligible Uses

  • Payment of one month’s rent
  • Rental deposits
  • Utility deposits
  • Hotel accommodations

Funds will be paid directly to the housing, hotel or utility provider. Funds cannot be banked for later use.

Documentation Needed/Eligibility

  1. Eligibility is limited to the head of household (HOH) and spouse
  2. Must have been displaced (home not habitable) in an affected disaster area
  3. Must have a referral from the American Red Cross or alternate MARC form and/or FEMA documentation if a Presidentially Declared Disaster certifying the damaged home is in a declared disaster area and the home was occupied by the applicant at the time of the disaster.  If an American Red Cross and/or a FEMA referral are not available, OHFA will review other documentation to attempt to establish eligibility. OHFA may consider photo IDs, utility bills, utility provider statements, local county assessor data, emergency management documentation, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers evacuation orders, and other disaster documentation.    
  4. Must provide a Social Security Number (SSN) or Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) number for each adult household member – provide SS or INS card or other documentation with the SSN/INS number, if no documentation is available, submit full number for OHFA to verify
  5. Must provide a valid photo ID for each adult household member
  6. Must provide an executed copy of a lease in the name of the HOH or spouse, which shows the contract rent and security (rent) deposit amount, if requesting funds for  payment of one month’s rent or security (rent) deposit;  Owner/landlord will be required to complete a W-9 form
  7. Must provide an executed copy of a lease in the name of the HOH or spouse which shows the utilities to be provided by the family, if requesting funds for payment of utility deposits; Must provide name, address, phone number, and account number for each utility provider; Utility must be in the name of the HOH or spouse
  8. Must provide the name, address, and phone number of the hotel and a hotel confirmation number, if requesting funds for payment of hotel accommodations; Hotel reservation must be in the name of the HOH or spouse; Hotel establishment will be required to complete a W-9 form; OHFA will pay up to $125/night (excluding tax) for hotel accommodations
  9. Family may qualify for any or all of the above assistance up to the maximum grant amount of $1,500

For more information, call the disaster hotline: (405) 419-8196.


Previous Locations:

June 29: Guthrie
June 23 – Pryor
June 22 – Miami
June 20 and 21 – Bartlesville
June 18 and 19 – Coweta, Skiatook
June 12 and 13 – Fort Gibson
June 14 – Warner
June 14, 15 and 16 – Sand Springs
June 5 – Warner
June 4 – Edmond
June 3 – Crescent
June 1 – Tulsa
May 31 – Tulsa, Glenpool, Fort Gibson
May 30 – Tulsa, Miami, Muskogee, Roland
May 29 – Tulsa, Muskogee, Fort Gibson, El RenoAbout OK.g


Skip to content